Children's Discovery Center
14210 Arbor St. #A
Omaha, NE 68144
Phone: (402) 333-5032
Monday – Friday
6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Children's Discovery Center has been caring for and educating young children since 2004. We offer specialized learning programs for children from 6 weeks - 13 years in an environment that fosters emotional growth and a well-rounded educational experience.
You will find Children's Discovery Center at 14210 Arbor St, on the northeast corner of 144th Street and West Center Road. Our parking lot is large, and the drop off zone provides easy access. See the map here.
- Ample parking and drop off zones
- Convenient West Omaha location just minutes from Oak View Mall
Children’s Discovery Center serves a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. The monthly menus are available here for you to download if you wish. Your child will love our large outdoor playground with climbing and play equipment. All age groups enjoy supervised outdoor fun and games, when the weather permits. We also have a Little Tikes playground for the One’s and Two’s.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff. Many of our associates are previous clients, and now are part of our wonderful, well-trained staff
- Balanced breakfast, lunch and snacks, delivered fresh
daily by Mid Day Meals
- One of the largest outdoor playgrounds in the city
Each program – Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, Pre-K, and School Age – is carefully designed, and all staff members are experienced and trained in early childhood education. We also offer exciting optional* programs and classes to encourage each child to learn and grow at their own pace. Special activities for the children such as Dance Dance Dance (a Preschool dance enrichment program), and Happy Feet (teaching how to play soccer through story telling), are offered right on the premises, with no transportation required!
- Weekly lesson plans based on our designated themes
keep learning fresh and exciting
- On premise special activities. See our full programs here.
We encourage calls and visits at any time throughout the day. At pick up, we make time for a detailed conversation about your child's day. We work with you to support and develop your child's daily routines. Each day you receive a daily activity sheet to provide you with the details of your child's day. On our website you will find an online calendar of events and special activities that can be saved to your own calendar. Monthly menus are also posted online for you to download and print if you wish. Join us on Facebook, too!
- Management/Staff have an open door policy for greater communication
- Child activity sheets sent home daily
- Printable Meal Menus and Calendars are on the website
We are dedicated to the safety of all the children in our care. First, our building is physically secured with an electromagnetic lock that only currently enrolled parents can unlock with their private, four digit PIN. Once inside the building, parents are required to sign in and sign out their children electronically using our biometric (fingerprint) scan technology that creates a digital log of your child's attendance. All visitors and vendors must ring the doorbell and be escorted in the building at all times. You can feel confident that your child is in a safe and secure environment.
- Secured entry and exit using personal identification numbers (PIN)
- Secured child sign in/sign out using biometric (fingerprint) technology
Experienced professionals trained in early childhood development as well as CPR and first aid staff our licensed facility. We believe that quality child care is dependent on a staff committed to working with children and their families. Each family is a valued part of our daycare center and we encourage an open communication system between parents and teachers.
- 12 hours of in-service every year.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Full background checks
- Random drug testing
Our teachers not only feed and diaper your babies, but they LOVE them, and it shows!
*At additional costs